Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo with Lemons


My cousin in California asked me the other day if I had ever made my own preserved lemons. I hadn't, but it just so happened that I had a big bag of lemons in my refrigerator that I had picked up at B.J.'s earlier in the week. So this morning I tried preserving some of them. Will let you know how that goes in a few days. Thanks for the idea, Ron! In other lemon news: Before I realized that it was Cinco de Mayo, I had already shopped for Chinese food for dinner, so, sorry about that, family. But it wasn't too late to bust out the bottle of tequila and squeeze the leftover lemons for some pre-tofu Lemon Margaritas. Here's the recipe:

Lemon Margaritas
Makes 2 drinks

1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup Triple Sec
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons superfine sugar or more to taste
Kosher salt

Combine tequila, Triple Sec, lemon juice, and sugar in a measuring cup. Dip rims of two martini glasses into a dish of kosher salt. Fill glasses with crushed ice. Pour tequila mixture over ice. Serve immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment