Monday, July 18, 2011

Last Night's Dinner: Cold Zucchini Salad



I finally made it to Sagg Main yesterday. The water was clear and cool, and when I got home I wanted a dinner that was just as refreshing. To go with some leftover hummus and a fresh loaf of bread that I picked up at Pike's on my way home, I mixed together a raw zucchini salad with four very fresh little zucchini I picked on Saturday. The key was chilling the zucchini before chopping it, and to eat it right away when the salad was still cold. Here is the recipe:

Raw Zucchini Salad with Lemon and Basil
Serves 4 as a side dish

1 pound small zucchini, chilled
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Fine sea salt

Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut in quarters lengthwise. Combine in a large bowl with the oil, basil, juice, zest, and sea salt to taste. Serve immediately.
Sea salt

No comments:

Post a Comment