Wednesday, July 14, 2010

IGA Item of the Week







When I left Quail Hill yesterday with my freshly harvested fingerling potatoes and exotic-looking cucumbers, I imagined a Greek-inspired dinner: Roasted potatoes with rosemary, cucumbers with yogurt, garlic, and mint, and some succulent grilled loin lamb chops from the IGA's butcher counter. I'm rarely disappointed with the quality of the meat from our local supermarket, and I was a satisfied customer last night. The meal couldn't have been easier. First, I tossed the potatoes with some olive oil and salt and spread them on a foil-lined baking sheet. They went into a 400-degree oven to roast until tender, about 40 minutes. When they came out, I tossed them with a tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary. While the potatoes were in the oven I heated the grill and rubbed the chops with olive oil, salt, and cracked black pepper. Then I peeled, seeded, and chopped the cucumbers and mixed them with some yogurt, a finely chopped garlic clove, a tablespoon of chopped fresh mint, salt, and pepper. The chops took about 15 minutes to grill. Five minutes later, we sat down to our feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment