Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tonight's Dinner


I'm feeling a little bit gloomy. When I woke up yesterday, eager to refresh my sourdough starter, it was completely inert! No signs of life whatsoever. Some yeast-hating bacteria must have attached themselves to my spatula and killed my culture during the night. Or maybe I gave it my cold. So I had to start over, with sterilized equipment, wearing gloves and a surgical mask. Sag Harbor Sourdough Bread will have to wait until Thursday at the earliest. Sugar overload and too many nights of pizza left over from our Halloween party may also be contributing to my mood, so to cheer myself up I thought I'd get an early start on a healthy dinner for tonight. This recipe for Spanish White Beans with Spinach is from the final issue of Gourmet magazine, which arrived in my mailbox last week. I will miss their Quick Kitchen column.

No comments:

Post a Comment