Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Food Pantry Inspiration



Last week our fifth graders formed an assembly line and produced dozens of bags of trail mix, which they'll sell at Sag Harbor Elementary School tomorrow, proceeds benefiting the food pantry. I love how their recipe is right on the sign! Today, I'm taking my own fifth grader and a couple of her friends to see This is It in East Hampton, since they're out of school for Veterans' Day. Inspired by the children's project, I made my own trail mix, with some ingredients I had on hand. Let's see if I can persaude them to eat this instead of popcorn.


Trail Mix

Makes about 5 1/2 cups


1 cup pretzel Goldfish

1 cup salted, roasted peanuts

1 cup salted, roasted cashews

½ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds

1 cup milk chocolate chips or chunks

1 cup dried cherries

¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger


Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment