Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My New Laptop Sleeve




For a while now, I've been looking with an acquisitive eye at the mattress ticking and other upholstery fabrics stocked at the Variety Store (45 Main Street; 631-725-9706). When I found instructions for this laptop cover, I had my excuse. After I purchased a half-yard each of the stripe and the gingham, I pulled out my vintage 1979 sewing machine and whipped one up. Did I mention that it's reversible? I begged my parents to buy this Singer Genie for me when I was 15. Hanging out in the home ec room and making my own wrap skirts in high school wasn't that cool, but who is laughing now?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you use your old sewing machine. Mine is a Kenmore from 1973. Still works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider it an heirloom and my children are already fighting over it.

    ReplyDelete