Friday, August 21, 2009

A Trip to the Market

I am wrapping up my vacation, trying to see and eat as much as possible. A trip to London's Borough Market yesterday was an efficient way to get this done. Among the things that I saw and ate: meat pies (although by the time I arrived, the Mr. Porky Pies were gone), Turkish delight (recurring nightmares stemming from reading about this treat in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe 35 years ago notwithstanding I still had to buy some), and "unruly" caramels (my new favorite adjective). But the best thing I saw was this communal table at a fantastic coffee stand, where you can sit and eat bread and jam all morning while drinking your coffee if you like.


  1. Sounds great. Caramels, yummy

  2. Ate them last night while watching "Warhorse." The chocolate-covered honeycomb was also great!