Thursday, July 30, 2009

IGA Item of the Week



I love a supermarket that makes an effort to buy and promote local produce. I also love that I can take a pleasant walk to the IGA to get my corn now, rather than fight the traffic to get to a farm stand (only in the Hamptons would that last sentence make sense). Last night I cooked my corn and then melted some compound butter over it as soon as it came out of the pot. Here's the recipe.

Herb Butter for Corn
Enough for 6 to 8 ears of corn

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed fresh herbs
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mash together the butter, herbs, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl. Cover with plastic, refrigerate for up to 2 days, and let come to room temperature before spreading over just-boiled corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment