Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Today's Lunch





I saw this sign for free range eggs yesterday at Sag Harbor's very own organic farm stand, Bette & Dale's, (1726 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike) right next door to Bay Burger. I returned this morning because I couldn't stop thinking about truly fresh eggs, soft-scrambled with goat cheese. I also bought a beautiful bunch of fresh chives, blossoms still attached. Couldn't wait for dinner, so I made eggs for lunch. Oh my God, I was starving and they were good! Next time you are headed into town, pull over (you can park at Bay Burger; they don't mind) and see what's fresh. Or look for Bette and Dale's stand at the Sag Harbor Farmer's Market on Saturdays beginning next week.

Scrambled Eggs with Goat Cheese and Chives

Serves 2

Whisk the eggs so they're extra fluffy when cooked. And take them off the heat just as soon as they are solid. I would have made this for dinner, but I couldn't wait. Sorry, kids.

6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon butter

1. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in a medium-size frying pan over high heat. When it is bubbling, add the eggs and turn the heat down to medium. Sprinkle the cheese and chives over the eggs.
2.Push the eggs around with a spatula, scraping up the cooked parts and allowing the liquid to flow to the bottom of the pan. Cook this way until the eggs are just set, no more than a minute or a minute and a half. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. yum. eggs with goat cheese and chives is a favorite combination of mine. i wish I had a farm stand like that nearby me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place is a gem, and how many other farm stands are located conveniently next to the Hamptons' best tater tots?

    ReplyDelete